Monday, June 4, 2007

click it.... read it ..... forget it

The memory has a way of failing you when you need it most ....like any other good frnd . And like any other good frnd it fails you in more ways than one. it has happened to you,me and all. now comon dont hide it . when was it last that you met a frnd of your and just in time it so happened that you couldnt recollect his name. look how the conversation goes: -



PRASHANT : - arre YAAR , tu yahan kaise , waht a pleasent surprise.


FRIEND:- bas yaar PRASHANT, main abhi abhi posting aaya hoon . tu bata .


PRASHANT:- bas DOSST, chal rahi hai gadi . tu bata NEHA ( how could you forget his wife's name) ka kya haal hai. aur BETA ( who the hell wants to remember his name ) jyada pareshan to nahin kar raha.

FRIEND:- nahin yaar ,ANSHUDEEP (son ) is such a darling , kabhi bhi pareshan nahin karta.

( ohhhh..... now I remember ,my friend is ANSHUMAAN..... eh i always knew it )

PRASHANT:- arre ANSHUMAAN yaar ( you need to emphesize thata you remember his name ....off course), thats gr8, chalo now that we r in same station , we will keep bumping into each other . NEHA ko mera hi bolna.

so that was it , but i m not here to tell you whether NEHA invited me over dinner at her place or not. have you forgotten, we are talking of forgetfulness.......right?????

so the stage setting is of my home and i m on my annual leave. while i m on leave , i m known to be quite ' NIKKAMMA'. nikkamma ,because back home nobody gives me a work to do . reason is easy enough to guess...because nobody entrusts me with a task . those who entrusted have fared badly.

for example my mom would tell me to fetch tomato , potato and onion and for sure i ll return home with one item less. she would tell me to pick up my sister from college and i wont move until i am reminded of it. half an hours delay is to be expected only natural. i can attribute this forgetfulness to many different things, but irresponsibilty comes as the natural and most honest answer. i have felt really guilty about it at times and one fine day i said that it , now i shall be more careful.

the occasion to prove myself comes rather early as my mom tells me only two things (rather apprehensive she is, even after my promise to change for better). " beta , get these medicenes and collect the photographs from the studio."

yeah , i am going to change for better. after all forgetfulness is only an euphamism for being careless. i'll prove to be more responsible....... my bike kicks off . all the way to the market i keep reminding myself ....... photographs ....medicines .....photographs ........medicines.

i actually have to meet my friend also . after all i have come on leave after such a long while . but ..no , first thing first .....photographs.......medicines......photographs.......medicines.

i reach the studio.

"bhaiya, yeh photographs aap aaj dene waale the. yeh develop ho gaya hai kya."

" haan bhai , yeh lo tumhare photographs . 50 rs advance diye the , 100 rs balance hain".

"oh...... thik hai bhaiya, main inhe shaam ko collect kar loonga".

oh good god ...... guess what ...... I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY PURSE.

4 comments:

Neeraj said...

Once again… a good central theme with a characteristic Prashant’s humor engraved in it. I must be the person who could relate to the protagonist more than anybody else in this world. Apart from couple of spelling mistake which could have been avoided until and unless you have used it for enhancing the concept, I enjoyed it. Good work dude. I wonder what Anshuman would think after this.

Cheers.

Hrishu Suman said...

Nice nice...
Phew! you are awesome!!

Yeah, quite a time it happens that I am at some errand and I forget it all.. and about names!!! forgive me.. at least you can remember after a while!! ;D

yeah and the basic reason behind this is our lazy attitude.. We can get out of it and keep our memory intact. I do't know if I am going to improve it or not. But your piece has given me fresh impetus to do this.. THanks sir..

keep writing... :)

pallavi said...

you r really awesome in story tellin...b it on ph or via blogs...
n the nxt tym u address me as YAAR while talking i will remind u my name.. :)

prashant singh said...

@neeraj
the spelling mistakes are as genuine as the theme of the story.
shall take care ..
thnx