Sunday, June 24, 2007

CONCERNS OF A 30 SOMETHING

Hey gals, the situation are very bleak demands immediate intervention of a tender heart. A 25 yr young guy, seemingly settled, with no disabilities (visible or invisible), friend circle decent enough to call him social and no GIRLFRIENDS????? Oh, ppl take it for granted that I should rightfully have a girlfriend. The general niceties start with ‘ man, how are you and how are your girlfriends (pls note that ‘girlfriends’ is no mistake of grammar, it is meant to be plural).All the charming one liners that my frnds have tried on their galfrnds and succeeded are on my fingertips , only they never reach my lips.

so it made me think , what if the situation doesnt improve down the line. i will sure get some vices - diary writing will surely be one of them. so read on what my diary entry would look like five years hence:-

08 jan 2012

at home


The New Year brings no joy sitting in a corner at a party with a bunch of morons who are destined to share the same fate as me, but the valentines day is even worse when I have to be contend with wishing my heartfelt love to all my friends’ girlfriends.

It was all acceptable till I was made to confront a very harsh realization, rather innocently by one of my juniors. He had returned from a course and like a very good senior I was taking feed backs from him about the course. During the conversation he mentioned one of my course mates and I naturally told him that this guy is my course mate.
“ Sir! He is your course mate!!!!!!!!” (You should have seen the look of amazement in his eyes.)

“Yeah, of course, he is.”
“Sir, he looks so young.”

There was such innocence in his voice that I couldn't tell him there that he was in fact calling me an oldie.
Anyways. I set out on yet another leave and my colleagues wished me luck yet again. Yet again I my excitement level was high for train journey always excites me. railway stations have contributed more than anything in bringing the world closer. you always bump into some long lost frnd of yours. i also met one. his jubilation at seeing me was instantaneous

"oh my god , you have turned to such smart , handsome and dashing hunk. a few pounds added here n there notwithstanding. and like they say' BALD IS BEAUTIFUL'.

he is such a sweetheart, never hurtful but never misses a point. he even went a step further and suggested a few quick fix to hair loss. however, i forgave and forgot him in the excitement of the journey. even with a confirmed seat ,i was the first one hovering over the chart minutely scanning it for all F 16 to F 36 types. but i have never found favour with the lady luck. and when the lady luck smiles at me the lady in front doesn't. haan if they smile its only for 'bhaiya, can you fetch me a bottle of water from the platform',

'yeah , sure why not ( not without a frown).

but this time it was insult added to the injury. guess what i heard last

"uncle, can you fetch me a bottle of water".( UNCLE???????????).

enough of it, no more of train journey. lets reach home. my mother is an ardent devotee. she spends 4 hours a day in front of the representatives of the 33 crore odd gods that we have. she has prayed to each one of these 33 crore odd well wishers for a beautiful, slim, educated,cultured, same caste and kundali waali bahu.aah...not many takers.but that history now. very recently she has turned liberal " beta , caste wont matter as long as long as we find a suitable gal for you( what a way to tell that there aren't gals in our caste finding you suitable,lets venture out in hope). she also spoke of going to kerala on a family trip, it economics working again- matter of demand and supply.

oh god if only i could get a posting to kerala- i call it quits with this thought .

good night

well ,you see gals, the appeal is desperate . help if you can, those who cant, kindly pass on this mail to 10 of your frnds. even if you do so, i cant promise any of those soaps dished out by chain mails but it might just help my cause, might just change things for better.

haan, change se yaad aaya.

there is nothing permanent except change...................and receding hairline.............and growing waist line after 30".

4 comments:

Abhishek said...

Hey ! u just called me morone man! 'cuz even if Abhijit Nayan finds a girl some day, iaint going to.....
By the way, does Abhijeet read this?!?!

Neeraj said...

hahaha.... i am laughing out loud...
when in dark, light
when in doubt, write.

pallavi said...

never realised u are so desperate!!! :D...i can help u with all my classmates' nos if u wish...hehe
n the cliched : u hv a RARE sense of humour which will surely help u...

Jonathan said...

PK my dear MARD MARATHA REGIMENTAL DUDE !!! amazing blog now u have to read mine as well... ill send u the link on chirkut.. really liked the part about F16 to F36 hhaahahha good good keep it up - amazing entertainment ur blog is!!